Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Who wants to learn about volcanoes? ME!

OK class, today we are going to talk about volcanoes. Does anyone know anything already? Yes, Chase. (mumble,mumble) No, Chase. Voomy, voomy, Shish, shish, Bleh, bleh isn't a fact. Oh man, I guess I have to tell you all about it. (sigh) So volcanoes are pretty coolio. Volcanoes are basically gaps in Earth's surface. It eventually builds up and becomes a mountain like structure. Except volcanoes have a giant hole at the top. Volcanoes have ash, gases, lava, and even some cooled rock exploding out of it! But some volcanoes are really active and some, not so much. Like Kilauea in Hawaii, It has been releasing gasses and stuff for more than 100 years strait! But this explosion isn't gimungo! It just happens, doesn't really affect anyone. In fact, Hawaii was made by volcanoes. and all of its islands at least have one volcano on it. Another one is Mount St.Helens. This is probably the most popular  volcano. This is a very violent volcano. But the good news is that it doesn't explode regularly. It explodes very little. So that's the stuff you have to know about volcanoes. Wasn't that interesting? (cheering,clapping) I told you! Now, since you've been good, I can show you a video. Science Fun:)

2 comments:

  1. Celine, I believe you're going to be creating some great blog posts this year. You have A LOT of talent in communcating with your writing. One suggestion for this blog would be to add a photo or two in what you are describing. I really like the song too! There you go, I finally left you a comment:) I'm looking forward to reading more of your writing as the year goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mr.Sellers I try my best all the time!

    ReplyDelete