Friday, November 4, 2011

Corny Science Jokes 101

       Hey everyone! You know, I ought to- wait ION to... *sigh* make better jokes. But did you get it? Instead of I ought to, I wrote ion to! As in ionic bonds and stuff? No? Nothing? Ok then I guess I'll tell you what they are so then you can get my awesome, but really corny, joke. Well, ions are atoms that have an electrical charge. Don't be negative, because I will cancel you out with my positivity. Then ION to feel bad. Oh these jokes never end! 




       So everyone should know what electrons and protons are. Just to make sure... SUPER QUICK REVIEW! Electrons are negative particles within an atom. Electrons orbit in shells around the nucleus. Protons are positive particles within an atom. Protons are in the nucleus of an atom. END OF SUPER QUICK REVIEW! Now let's talk about valence shells, SHELL WE?! These jokes are the worst! Anyways, valence shells are basically the last shell that holds an electron in an atom. So, if an atom has 3 different rows of electrons, the 3rd row would be called the valence shell. 




           CATION! WE HAVE AN AWESOME TOPIC AHEAD! Gotta love corny jokes! So, now we're going to talk about cations. Cations are groups of positively charged ions. They're the opposite of anions. Anions are groups of negatively charged ions. Wow, now I'm hungry! I think I'll have some ANION SOUP! Get it?! Anion sounds like onion! Corny jokes never fail to amuse me. 




        Next thing we'll talk about is.... positive and negative valences. Atoms like to have full valence shells. So sometimes they'll have to give up or gain electrons to fill up their valence shells. Positive valences like to give away their electrons. They must be pretty POSITIVE that they want to give them up so easily! That's the probably the worst joke yet. Negative valences are atoms that like to gain electrons. Sometimes atoms share electrons! 


sorry couldn't find a good pic! 

        
















     Do you guys want to learn more? IONIC! Get it? Like I'm on it, but ionic! These jokes can't get cornier. Anyways, our last topic for this blog is something called ionic bonds. Ionic bonds are kinds of chemical bonds. Well we know that negative ions and positive ions are drawn together, right? The thing that makes them stay together is called the ionic bond! They mainly happen between a metal and a nonmetal. 




        If you guys want to LINK together more information you can go to the following websites: 
Click Here For Ions!  Click Here For Positive And Negative Valence!  Click Here For Cations And Anions! Click Here For A Video! 


     That's all for this blog! But before I go, I have one more corny joke for you. OK so what do you call an insect that's good with farewells? A BUMBLE BYE! Like a bumble bee but bumble bye! Oh and just saying, I made these all up. Go me! Well, bumble bye! Science Fun:) 
good bye now! 

11 comments:

  1. Hey celine... Great blog! It was kinda like a de ja vu moment for me... Anyways, I can totally help you redesign your blog, but we can keep the tom felton! Just like font and stuff
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks anabel! yea if u can help me change the font and stuff that wood b cool. but we r definitely keeping the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i liked it.it was really good there were even things that i didn't even know abot ions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! It had lots of corniness, but I learned a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job celine thats a gr8 blog there r no peices of critasizm

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah ffeege all the corny jokes i like how you did that and coordinated all the info good jerb

    ReplyDelete
  7. good blog because it is easy to know what the vocab words are when they ae highlited and exept for the first picture you had good pictures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog you had good pictures and you put your4self into it

    ReplyDelete
  9. great blog it really helped me learn about ions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing your blog taught me alot about ions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those were really bad jokes. Any ways i liked ur blog it was good and it sounded like celine

    ReplyDelete