Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's The Most Terrible Time Of The Year

   The worst time of the year. It could only mean one thing... the science fair. UGH! I really don't like the science fair, as you guys might have already learned. Yea, not my favorite thing. Well, I guess I'll have to tell you about my experience this year. Let's get this over with!


My famous picture! :D 

      Last year, I thought I did good. I didn't win anything, but I don't care. I never do anyways! So this year, my goal is to pass and not suck. I eventually picked a topic. Man, it takes me forever to pick one! My question was, "How much does smell affect taste?" I chose this because I thought it would be fun! But, before I started, I had to do some research.

 

     Not that kind of research! I meant like how taste and smell are connected! Well after I did my research, I did my actual project! So I got some volunteers, (THEY VOLUNTEER!) made them taste food, and tell me what they think it was. The food was all edible, but it all wasn't the best of food. My volunteers had the funniest reactions to some of the foods! 




    Well after I did my experiment, I had to go into the long, boring, never-ending process that is making my poster board. Gosh it took me FOREVER to do it! That's one thing that I don't like about the science fair. I have to sacrifice my weekends to do it! Eventually I finished. More like the day before the science fair, but hey I finished it didn't I!


 

       Putting my project together was long, but it wasn't super hard. But when it was over, I was happy. So when the science fair came, I thought my poster was okay and thought that I did a good job. But mostly I was just glad it was over! Well, it wasn't technically over yet. I still had to present to the judges. But they were nice so it was cool! I was still nervous, though. And one of the judges never had nutella! The other judge and I were like, WHAT?! NUTELLA IS AWESOME! 


 

      So, I survived the science fair. Yay. Overall, I thought I did pretty good. I think I passed so I'm good. That's all for this blog. Bye! Science Fun:)


P.S. I actually won first place! I have no idea how though... apparently I did awesome. Well cool for me!  
 


1 comment: