Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Yo peeps of the world! lolz I love random titles!


    Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Lizzi please don't hit me! LOL! Hey guys its me here and I wanna talk about constellations. OK so first let me tell you WHAT constellations are. Well basically they're groups of stars. They aren't exactly together though. They're kind of like friends or neighbors. It just looks like they're together from where we are.
     A long time ago, before they had T.V.'s and computers and stuff, people would go outside and look at the stars. Thousands of years ago people in the Middle East would make stories out of the stars. YEAH! Go mah mid peeps!!! Anyways, other people started thinking, "HEY wait a second! That group of stars looks like a person! Oh we should make stories out of them!" They also used to use them for directions. They would use the Big Dipper's Pointers to guide them to the North Star. Whoa, wasn't that in Peter Pan?! OMG I love that movie! Well yeah. They basically used the stars for north, south, east, and west. Never Eat Sour Worms.
    

omg it moves! SO cool!































       OK so now we are gonna talk about a specific constellation. No I'm not picking favorites! But we all picked constellations and I picked this one. So get off my back! JK. Anyways, my constellation is called Perseus. Perseus is a great hero in Greek Mythology. (for the peeps who don't know, he was the one that killed Medusa) He can be found in the winter in the Northern Hemisphere. If you look REALLY closely you can see a triangular body with his legs curling in towards his head. You can also see his arms, one is holding something either a weapon or maybe the head or Medusa. DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHHHH! Oh yeah, I probably tell you guys WHY Perseus is famouse! Yeah, that would be a good idea.
       So Perseus was a Greek hero and was most famouse for slaying Medusa (the snake hair lady). But you guys know that because I told you that! Anyways, he used Hermes' wings and Athena's shield to do it. When he was coming home, he saw a monster trying to harm the Princess Andromeda so he killed the monster by showing him Medusa's head. Anyone who looked at her turned to stone, whether she was alive or dead. (shiver) That's so creepy!


this is Perseus. see it DOES kinda look like a person!














       OK so last thing we're gonna talk about is: I dunno! OMG I told myself I wasn't gonna forget! Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it..... I GOT IT! We are going to talk about why the constellations change each season. Oh that's easy! It's because the stars IN the constellation move! They just move really slowly. But they still move. So by the time we see the constellation again, it changed. Isn't that coolio?!
        Alright so no I have to write MORE because Mr.Sellers made me write more! And yes Mr.Sellers I did mention it! Okedoke then the last thing we will be talking about is a little something I like to call, circumpolar constellations. These are constellations that circle the poles. They move counterclockwise. OMG that is a really long word! Anyways, the largest constellation is Hydra and the smallest is Crux. There NOW we're done!
         So that's some info on constellations. I hope you enjoyed them! Well I'll leave you guys a video cuz I'm in a good mood. But that could change at any moment! (cough) Nope now I'm not gonna do it! (no I'm sorry!) OK then, I'll play it! (yay) Well here's my video and I'm going to go look for constellations. If I'm lucky, Perseus! KK bye! Science Fun:)



4 comments:

  1. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! Ima kill you celine. but you had good info and just the right amount of you. BUT HOW DO YOU PUT MOVING PICTURES ON IT??????? IM JEALOUS!!! >:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it love it love it best blogg yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya i agree with liz to much of you the right amount of info. maybe a little shorter. and why did u mention lizzi??

    ReplyDelete